1. These stories and photos from the Yukon flats. I am interviewing with a somewhat (ha!) nearby school for a position that would start in January. More on that later, if it comes to pass.
2. This package from the incomparable Becky of Westwick Dreaming who will soon be receiving something in return. Probably something strange.
3. On a related note, reading in French has made me happy. I’m finishing up with Harry Potter the first and getting ready to tackle the second.
4. Pancetta. Especially on pizza. Thank you Sean. You’re an everloving wonder.
5. Friday ‘s sushi party at Pearl Street. Marianna doesn’t see a lot of sushi parties.
6. Swift and efficient butchery of chickens that left us time to spare for laughing at this not-rubber chicken7. Trapped in the Closet chapters 1-12, which makes an appearance in my life about every five years, go figure. Maybe it can sense when I need to split my sides guffawing. Thank you for this inspiring and delightful film, R. Kelly.
8. Daydreaming about our “Holiday Residency” at the farm with Jesse and Chelsea. I’m planning to focus on video projects and eating.
this morning on the screen porch
a bird trapped in still cool shadows
impossibly whipping her insubstantial body
failing against the breathing wall.
her lover fluttered outside crying
and there were two silhouettes slamming wretched
do I wish now for a bird’s eye view?
I wonder, could they see the screen?
I raised my arms and skirted behind her
she flew the long way round and out the door